Friday, May 27, 2011

Creative Process

Well, one week down at Circus World Museum and there's not much freaking out. Okay, so a guy who's a really knowledgeable clown resource and a phenomenal clown to boot saw my solo gags, one of which featured a breaking prop and the no-real-ending ending I currently have, but the other audience members were really reacting to my gags. I've even got some ideas on tweaks and additions, so instead of being terrified and disheartened, I'm inspired.

Now that Neal has arrived, we've been working our duo material, which is the bulk of the work for this summer. Each day has found me adjusting the one-man-band rig in one way or another. My main problem right now has been mounting the drum solidly and getting the string to pull the kick drum beater consistently. The latter is very much a work in progress, but I think I've figured out the former.

However, I still need an ending to my microphone gag. If I just put in the time, keep trying things, and consult my friends, mentors, and associates, that problem should be solved eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment