Saturday, December 10, 2011

Blowing Off Retail Steam

This is THE shopping season and for survival I work retail. The farther I get in my professional life, the more it becomes apparent to me that my momentum is building, the less patience I have for working a "straight" job in the "real" world.

I made it through most of yesterday, but the last 2-1/2 hours were very challenging. For the sake of entertainment, I'm including a quote of part of a post I wrote after the fact:

"I've got a degree, I've hiked to the top of Mt. Fuji, I've walked the great Wall of China, I can speak portions of a couple of languages, and I can explain the very basics of string theory, witch. You just have insurance, a house, regrets, and a 401K."

The part that hits me, is that it's true and I forget to look at that sometimes. I don't have a house or insurance or a 401K. Sometimes that's all people want and they think it will give them security, stability, and/or happiness and they find out later that it's not everything and it's not what makes a life. I have lived a spectacular life and there is more to come. It's uncertain and sometimes difficult, but I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment