Sunday, March 17, 2013

Meeting Miho

Since my return to Kinoshita Circus here in Japan, I have been learning about Japanese circus fandom. One fan in particular is an artist who I would swear is a professional illustrator, but she's not — not as far as I know, anyway. She's just an artist who loves drawing pictures of the circus performers in addition to her other work. Thanks to Facebook, many of my clown associates have become aware of her work and she has drawn clown portraits of them as well. It's been very flattering to be the subject of someone's art and it's been a warm feeling passing knowledge of her labor of love on to others.




In today's second show, I was meeting and greeting audience members as I do, and a slight, smiling woman in a salmon colored sweater said, "Yoroshiku! Watashi wa Miho desu." ("Nice to meet you! I am Miho.")

"Gureggu desu." ("I'm Greg.")

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

"Miho? Mouri Miho!? OHHHHHHHHHHHHH! MIHO!"

After months of posting pictures on Facebook and sending picture postcards to people on the show via an envoy on the show, I finally had the opportunity to meet her in person. It was an excellent moment and it made the show extra special.

Of course, she brought a gift of drawings for people, made into little cellphone charms.


No comments:

Post a Comment