Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dorkruary

Another spur-of-the-moment idea that will double as a writing challenge to me.

Yes, so it's Black History Month, or as I view it: the one month where more people focus increased attention to something my parents already made into a habit for me and my siblings. As such, I just tend to call it "February".

Each day – beginning today – I will write a blog post about someone black, with the only caveat being that they are somehow tied to media and/or dorketry. The three of you readers out there will probably note that for me, this could include anything, but most likely entertainment or science. It will likely serve most as another peek into what things rattle around in my head when I'm busy procrastinating or doing the time-tested gifted kid activity of paying more attention to things that interest me rather than what is most pertinent.

So prepare yourselves. For these next 29 days, my dorketry shall be a little more tan.

1 comment:

  1. I am waiting for the post on Avery Brook's recent DUI. It gave me a sad, as The Sisko is my favorite captain.

    ReplyDelete