Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Analyzing Factors

What is this? Two days off? I can't believe it!

Strangely enough, even just one day off doesn't seem to make for an insurmountable week. I'm not yet sure if it's just that my stamina isn't really tapped by three show and two show days, if it's because the show's not so long at 2h10m, or a combination thereof. I have a theory that the proximity of my house plays a major part as well.

As this lot is set up, I'm fewer than ten yards from the dressing room. Just out the door and to the right of the dressing room is the rear flap to enter the tent and the ring. As such, it takes me fewer than 30 seconds to get to work in the morning. I head straight out of my door and I'm slapping on the greasepaint in under two minutes. During the intermission break and between shows I can go to my room and make food or do online "business" (Right! Business?), or I can grab a book or read the English edition of the daily paper, The Yomiuri Shinbun. That makes for a very quick day.

With a show schedule and housing arrangements like that, the six packs feel like nothing and we have six packs every weekend. Sometimes we even get to have three shows on Mondays as well if there's a holiday. The rest of the week is two show days. If I were on a mudshow, I'd have to pack up and move after every day, so that is another bonus to my arrangements. I've got it pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment