Friday, January 29, 2010

Pleasure Abounds!

Yesterday my friend/coworker Kelly and I made it to see Avatar in 3D. Best part: Alice in Wonderland preview. Second best thing: The Lightning Thief preview. I never saw anything about this movie in the US. I never even knew the book(s?) existed and here is this story that appears to be Harry Potter mashed with "Clash of the Titans". It has my interest.

I enjoyed the movie a lot. The plot isn't anything new, but the approach and context were fresh. What I liked most about the movie was the design of Pandora's flora and fauna. The 3D was excellent and didn't really hinge on gimmickry. The CG was astounding and I found myself marveling at how CGI has grown by leaps and bounds. Motion capture fascinates me and I was astounded at how excellent the facial animation/mo-cap was. If anyone called this movie a technical achievement, I would not argue.

Afterward, I scored my latest quarry in my food collection hunt: green tea Kit Kat. The biggest score was the exchange of shoes, aided by a clerk that barely spoke any English. Between her efforts and my Crapanese, we made the exchange and I determined that she was able to order the right size from a store in Tokyo and it will be mailed to me at the circus lot and it will arrive Sunday or Monday.

This evening, however, I spent the time after show and after practice preparing food. I gave my new skillet a workout and it performed admirably. I am sometimes amazed at how great it is to just make food and graze as I'm making it.

YUUUUUUUUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment