Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Best Medicine

This is a cross post. So what of it?

You know what made me laugh today? Watching Kung Pow! Enter the Fist. No matter how many times I see or listen to that movie, it makes me laugh a lot, and usually at the same places. I am amazed that my enjoyment of that movie has not been deadened.

You know what made me laugh yesterday? When I was jumping rope, I decided to throw in a few crossovers just to try, since I hadn't tried in a while. It was about a 75% success rate, but that's better than it ever has been in my life, I think. I had even given up trying them any time I was jumping rope. I laughed every time I succeeded and then messed up afterward. I was so excited that I succeeded and it seemed so effortless. It was that really deep, from-the-soul laughter that genuinely makes everything in your life perfect for a little while. I felt so renewed and I wanted to share the joy with everyone I knew.

I really needed that and I received it. I didn't know how much I needed it until it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment