Monday, August 2, 2010

Screw God's Creatures!

I'm trying to figure out where the heck all of the gnats and fruits flies are coming from that like to hang out around my sink and my window. I'm guessing that since I'm not slovenly and since my room isn't air tight and the door is slightly damaged from some overland mishaps before I came here, they're sliding in through the small crack and through the ventilation fans.

I'd really like to find some way to repel mosquitoes that doesn't involve an indoor mister that may or may not have DDT or slathering mosquito repellent on my skin before going to bed. It's not bad, but I am getting bitten and more often than not, disturbed by mosquito buzzing in my ear in the night or as I'm just getting to sleep.

Bugs are one reason I'm not so fond of summer anymore. It doesn't help that we're by a drainage aqueduct and that our dumpsters are pretty much right in the middle of the backlot.

I petition for the death of these bugs and I endeavor to be the hand of their doom whenever possible. I'd rather they not be around in the first place.

1 comment:

  1. I really like those mosquito canopies you hang over you bed. They work great, at least at night.

    ReplyDelete