Friday, November 26, 2010

Wrangler Uncle

For Thanksgiving, I'm in Springfield, IL where almost all of my immediate family is converging today. My nephews are four and two and I've had the opportunity/duty to do some work as an adult around two small children.

While this involved the sometimes frustrating duty of being disciplinarian, it also involved having to distract and entertain. Furthermore, it means that as long as I am here, I get to hear or hear about the awesome things that come out of the mouths of youngsters, like:


• "I'll never be a black man!" (they're light skinned, mixed ethnicity kids)
• "Yeah, I've got skills, huh?" (after climbing over a child gate)
• "RARRRR! I WANT A HUG!" (the younger one pretending to be monster and menacing the older one)

No comments:

Post a Comment