Monday, March 22, 2010

Turning Circle

This past week, my old touring show rolled into Nagoya, four years after the last visit. This time, instead of being the last city in Japan, it's the first city. As with four years ago, Kinoshita Circus is in town at the same time. This time, instead of being on Pooh visiting a friend on Kinoshita, I'm on Kinoshita visiting friends on Pooh.

There are a few people on the show who I knew were still on the show and a few others who I didn't know if they were or not. I was able to meet up with my friends Sallie, Kevin, and Rich and the day after with those three and our old company manager Mitch. Hanging out in the lobby to say goodbye, some performers were returning from a day out and some of the crew was returning from load-in, so I was able to see more people and greet them.

It also was a nice boost to be told so many times how I'm missed. I'd be lying if I said that didn't boost my ego. It's nice to hear because you wonder, you know. At least I do.

As a bonus, the local crew bosses were able to make sure – in conjunction with the manager – that I was able to make it into the building to see the dress rehearsal. I was pretty ecstatic because otherwise their show schedule was parallel to mine. I was able to see even more people that were still around who appeared to be happy to see me. Best of all, I was able to see the show run with the changes that had been put into place since I left.

It all looked great. One of the things that makes me happy is when I'm able to see friends perform. There's a lot less pressure in enjoying than in performing!

No comments:

Post a Comment