Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Whether You Deserve It or Not

Here we are, going into a nice two days off. These are always great. I even had a good day today going into it. Juggling went great. I dropped, but it played out in a way that it looked like it was planned. To top it off, did I feel like crap for dropping? Did I beat myself up? Nope. For once it didn't matter and I felt good about how everything came out in the end. That was a great feeling to have stacked on top of a gag that went well.

Then, as if to prove a point (or to test my resolve), it happened again the second show. No sweat.

Later, I found that I had once again managed to step into tiger crap somewhere on the floor at some point during Whipcracker, which I didn't understand. I saw no tiger crap, the guys had swept the ring, and still I managed to produce a small piece of tiger crap from the ether and then to step in it. At least it wasn't like yesterday when one of the tigers - or ligers, maybe – had a bowel explosion and I stepped in some at the same point in each show. As a bonus, I even got some on the hem of my pants. It was a treasure, I tell you!

Cleaning off my shoe outside the alley container, one of the performers told me that in Japan, crap on your shoe is good luck. Well then, I had two lucky days in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment