Monday, May 10, 2010

Can It Be?

As of this weekend, we had our last four-show day of Nagoya. Whew! From here on out, it's all downhill, with three more weeks to go before I fly home for two weeks.

From where I stand, I could use the break. Juggling really has me frustrated. I'm still not a fan of the clubs we use, which are fat-bulbed, single pieces of molded plastic. They're a bit hard on the hands, which makes extended practice time – my preferred mode of practice – a little bit rough. My passing isn't as accurate as I'd like or as it has been. Still, my dislike for the clubs drives me to practice more. As much as the type of club is a valid excuse, I also don't like to be the sort of person who blames his difficulties solely on the instruments in hand. So to keep things on an upward trajectory, I practice as much as I can with my partner and then practice more on my own as I can. As far as I'm concerned, it all boils down to flight time. Since I don't have my Renegades here with me and there is obviously no mutual desire to switch the type of clubs being used, the more time I spend with my plastic nemeses, the better off I'll be.

Forget survive: I shall succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment