Saturday, February 20, 2010

A New Light

A friend and former professor of Kelly's is here visiting for two weeks and it's a boon. He teaches theater and specializes in movement and offers a watchful and knowledgeable eye from the outside. As a bonus, he understands the performing style and medium, so instead of educated ignorance, he's providing helpful insight, no matter how small any observation may be. I shut up, I listen, I take direction, I reflect, and I participate in tossing things back and forth. That's all very essential to me.

It's great and I appreciate it a lot. It's another occurrence that supports my idea that I will learn and grown a lot over here during this gig, however long I may be here. I've already had a lot of new and deeper experiences and it can only continue. There are some good new ideas flying about and although I can't say they're mine, I definitely look forward to participating in them and bringing what I have to the table to make things not only work, but work really well.

In food news, I'm currently using the oven feature on my combo microwave/grill/oven. I think from now on I'll just refer to it as my combo oven. I don't know exactly how it works, but I have an inkling. I'm probably bombarding my genes with waves, but that's okay. I don't see myself being a dad any time soon, let alone a husband. Can't lose what you don't have, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment