Thursday, February 11, 2010

When I Get Around To It

I'm rather horrible about blogging. Actually, I didn't really intend this to be a daily blog, as things don't necessarily change from day-to-day. Granted, I am touring with a circus, but we don't move daily or even weekly. We don't even move monthly. We're in each city for a couple of months at a time. In Kyoto's case: three months total.

Man, I'm living in Japan! I know which trains to take to get to places I want or need to go. My Japanese is creeping along more slowly than I'd like, but at least it's coming along. At least I'm not one of those people who is staying in a country, but refuses to learn the language. We had one of those guys in one of my clown alleys. He was a living frustration.

The day of crap mentioned in the previous entry was followed by a day of only mostly crap. By the end of that next day, I/we finally ground it out to a point where we ended the day on a few great notes. That made going into the day off much more rewarding and we paused the work week on a good note. The frustration has been going on for a couple of weeks in a different form and it's just getting to a choke point. Still, progress is evident as are hints of success.

In venting, I had mentioned to a couple of friends that I don't feel so good about my tenacity because it comes from frustration and anger and the determination not to fail (due to my great hate of feelings of failure). She/they (both "shes") reminded me that the tenacity of others only sounds noble in retrospect. Very few people have that annoyingly cheery or saintly proclamation and progression of perseverance. I hope they're right. It sounds so much better in retrospect perhaps because people tend to edit out the truly dark aspects of their struggle.

I'll work on posting more often, but I'm sure people don't care much about what my progress is in World of Warcraft or my marvelous walks down and up the hill/mountain to make various purchases. When it comes down to it, I don't do this to perform a public service or to make money. I do it to chronicle my "adventures" for friends – and possibly others – to keep current and satisfy curiosity.

I do enjoy those walks, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment