Saturday, February 27, 2010

Surprise, Y'All!

In the middle of the first show today, the word went around: because of ticket sales, we would be adding a fourth show at 6:20. For me it's just weird, but we'll see how I feel at the end of the day. I do less work than I did as a Hunny Helper on Pooh, so I'm not expecting anything more than two or two-and-a-half hours fewer in which to do laundry tonight. I'll probably even finish reading another magazine!

We're putting the second of our new gags in today so we can get it in front of an audience a couple of times before Nagoya. We'll see how it goes. I don't even think that "cautious optimism" describes my approach. I think my audience expectations are at an all-time low right now. There's a certain fatalism that I'm combating and what it takes is more of a simple dumping of it on the ground and cleaning it up when I return after having done something completely unrelated. I don't usually approach things like that, so I suppose that means I'm making progress.

Today in the first show, I was witness to an unfortunate affair: the balloon was being knocked around in the audience and as it was drifting downward, an audience member smacked it. The balloon went careening right into the face and french fries of an unwitting audience member on the stairs. The audience emitted a collective groan of sympathy as the box of fries tumbled right onto the ground at the guy's feet.

That sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment